Thursday, September 18, 2014

"Aw come on man..."

   Today started like any other day; alarm at 8, shoe thrown at 8:01, followed by a long day of studying and classes. The day was surprisingly normal until I went to lunch.While I was in line, I got a text from Martin saying "I was staring at this girls ass. Then I realized it was michaels sister." So that happened.   
   The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, as far as Martin and I, until we decided to get dinner. I had classes until 7:30 at night and so did he, so we decided to go to the buffet after class. Everything was going well until we were going to leave and he realized that the three pounds of ice cream he absolutely needed had melted and was about to overflow in the cup. Martin's genius idea to deal with this was to attempt to pour the cream soup into a cup. Sadly, but not unexpectedly, this didn't go according to plan. He spilled it all over the table and one of the staff spotted him and said "Aw come on man..." Again, I quickly and silently walked away. I'm not sure what happened after that, but I do know Martin was close behind me to make it out the door.
   After dinner when things were starting to wind down, we went to play pool which was fine right up until Martin got cocky and tried to jump the cue ball over one of mine. I was looking at my phone when he was lining up the shot so it was too late to stop him by the time I realized what was happening. All I saw was a white ball flying through the air followed by the blue ball somehow. Looking back, I'm impressed that he managed to launch not one but two balls high enough into the air to make it from roughly the center of the table over the corner. Luckily, he didn't hit anybody and only one guy saw this and gave us a palm-up shrug that said "What the hell are you doing?" I apologized, gathered the balls and went on as if nothing had happened.
   The walk back was uneventful except for the spotting of a rare pack of roller-bladers which was a hell of a sight. They were so peaceful and so majestic. Anyways, that's another day in the books. Wish me luck for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment