Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Here goes nothing

   Sorry for the very late start, but I've finally caved and I'm starting this blog. I'll do my best to recap the last few weeks but a lot has happened.
   So far, not a lot has happened other than a few cringe moments. A lot of cringe moments, actually. Martin has decided that college is going to be his time to start winning with the ladies. The only problem is he has absolutely no idea what to say. There have been several moments where he has bragged about his speeding tickets or driving on a suspended license which has always been quickly followed by an awkward laugh and glances searching for a new person to start a conversation with. It hurts to watch.
   I know this may come as a shock to some of you, but Martin has the sense of humor of a prepubescent boy. Nearly every hour he farts or burps loudly and laughs so hard at himself that he cannot carry a conversation past that moment. So that's a lot of fun for everyone.
   Another thing he does that I just absolutely adore is he wakes up at 8 AM for no apparent reason. It would be one thing if we had class before 12 or he needed to do something, but no, we start class at the earliest 3 pm. He also does not wake up to an alarm so his solution to this is to set an alarm anyways so that I wake up from the alarm and wake him up. Naturally, I just threw my shoe at him and went back to sleep.
   That's the cliff notes on what has happened so far, and I am certain it will only get more interesting form here.
   I'll end this post with what has happened so far today. Today was the first look fair which allows new students, like Martin and myself, to discover new programs and clubs. Martin thought it would be funny to ask the athletics booth for posters of all the girls teams so he can hang them around our suite. I silently and quickly walked away. Sadly, he caught up, arms full of 18" by 24" prints of intimidating women. We made it back and with a huge grin on his face, he hung up every last one of those posters around our suite, one of which was behind the sink so that when you look in the mirror you see the field hockey team staring right back at you.
   After Martin left for class, my Swedish roommate showed up and was terrified. He went around the suite and took down all of the posters except one to appease Martin. Martin hasn't come back from class yet to see what has happened but I'll be sure to let you know what happens when he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment